left right

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Sign of the Apocalypse: Seth MacFarlane Reboots The Flintstones

The great prophet Harold Camping (due note the sarcasm) has predicted that Judgment Day will occur Saturday May 21, 2011. I didn't put too much into it until I saw the news that Seth MacFarlane, creator of outrageous animated families like Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show, purchased the rights to the Flintstones (cue the ominous music), this has got to be a sign of the divine apocalypse! O_o

But seriously, MacFarlane and the Flintstones? Had anyone seen MacFarlane's parodies of the Flintstones? Am I the only one who thinks this isn't a good idea? I love the idea of new Flintstones episodes, but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with MacFarlane handling it.

The Flintstones hold a special place in the hearts of those of us who remember the good ol' days of great animation, and I'd hate to see it tarnished with Family Guy-esque sex and bathroom humor, and we all know there will be plenty of opportunity for it. I can only hope MacFarlane shows a little restraint in that respect, because its one thing to do a parody, its another when you're dealing with the real thing.

What's next Seth? You got your eye on The Jetsons? Or perhaps Yogi Bear?

What do you think of Seth MacFarlane acquiring the rights to the Flintstones? Good idea? Bad idea? Comment about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.