left right

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Movie Review: Transformers (2007)

Genre: SciFi
Year:2007
My Rating: thumb_down

Last week I got to catch Transformers on tv. I always wanted to see this movie-version of my favorite tv '80s tv show, and since it did get over 7 stars on IMDB, I had high hopes. But unfortunatly I was mostly disappointed and fustrated with this movie. Here are some of the reasons:

1.) Dialog: It ranged from mildly clever to absolutly moronic, I actually cringed hearing some lines.

2.) Action: Aboslutely chaotic! The whole movie kept jumping back and forth between 3 different locations without warning or structure. And there are other movies that have used this type of fast-paced intercutting between locations and have utilitzed it well; this movie didn't.

3.) Robots: Optimus was the only one that was believable and in-character. I didn't even recognize the other robots.

4.) Megan Fox: She isn't the best actress in the world. But I felt her character was simply a distracting love interest who served very little interest in the movie other than being the love interest of the main character.

But I can't bash this movie entirly. The only thing I can praise about this movie is the CGI. The robots were amazingly designed and their movements and reactions were very realistic. Even when they were locked in battle you could still catch all the detail and mechianics of their design.

I would only recomend this movie to anyone who is interested in fantastic CGI graphics and don't mind some bad dialog.

Have you seen Transformers? Did you love it? Hate it? How do you think this movie could have been improved? Leave a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.